Wednesday, August 31, 2011
I was make a cake so many time but this one is best in my life....so i was hsear some of the photos here....enjoy the bit of Cake .:))
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
When you receive a package with a “surprise ingredient” as a part of Arusuvai here are the basic rules you need to follow:
- Prepare something tasty with it and post recipe with a picture if you are a blogger with the logo, a link to person who passed it to you and to this post if you like for reference.
- If you don’t blog, do share the recipe with the friend who gave it to you or post it as a guest post on someone you know who blogs.
- Pass on a “surprise ingredient” to two or more friends, one of whom must preferably blog. We all want to have some fun together right?
All people in
The Arusuvai network has already forged many friendships. This network was initiated by Srivalli, Bharathy and Lathamma. This network is on its second season and hosted by a very friendly and warm person SAYANTANI. Its a pleasure interacting with her. Thank you for linking us up.
I made two items from Poppy seeds one is Spicy Potato curry and one is sweet Poppy seeds Seero.
Spicy and yummy Potato carrot curry with Poppy Seeds....
Potato Curry – Potato with Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas)
1 big size carrot
3 tbsp Khas-Khas (Poppy seeds)
3 fresh green chillies
3 tbsp oil
Salt and lemon to taste
Step 1: Sock the Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas) in a little water for an hour.
Step 15: Turn off the flame after stirring for 5 minutes when nice aroma of poppy seeds with fry potatoes fills your kitchen.
1. Poppy seeds are rich in linoleic acid (an important omega-6 fatty acid), which protects the heart against heart attacks.
2. Poppy seed oil is also rich in oleic acid, which is believed to help prevent breast cancer.
3. It contains 45 to 50% of unsaturated essential fatty acids, which make it a good source of nutrition and health food.
4. Consuming half teaspoon of poppy seeds everyday is a home-remedy for the symptoms of asthma and whooping cough.
5. A paste made from the seeds can be used to get relief from swellings and joint pains.
6. Finely ground powder made from poppy seeds can also be consumed to treat insomnia and diarrhea.
7. It gives essential enzymes and fatty acids to body as a form of nutrition.
8. The oil derived from poppy seeds is used in various cosmetic like for the head and skin as balms and conditioners. Many pharmaceutical companies use poppy seed oil in the manufacture of various drugs and medications.
So now I will teach you how to make a quick recipe with poppy seeds using potatoes.
Next post for Poppy seeds Halwa…that is Khas-Khas sero...
Monday, January 24, 2011
In this month Shriya comment me like this...
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serve about 8 people
Ingredients for Muthiya (or gatta):
2 cup wash and chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
¼ cup besan (
3 tbsp sugar powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tbsp red chilli powder
½ tbsp turmeric powder
1 big size lemon
¼ tbsp fruit salt
Salt to test
Oil for deep fry
Method of making Muthiya:
Step 1: Mix all the dry ingredients for muthiya.
Step 2: Add little oil and ¼ tbsp fruit salt for making Muthiya soft. Add lemon juice and mix together.
Step 3: Add wash and chopped green methi in it.
Step 4: Make stiff dough.
Step 5: Form into small oval dumplings.
Step 6: Heat the oil for fry Muthiya.
Step 7: Sauté the muthiya in heat oil for about 2 minutes.
Step 8: Remove from oil and keep aside.
Ingredients for green masala:
50 gm wash and chopped green coriander leaves
12-15 garlic (use green garlic if available)
6-7 green chillies
Big size ginger piece
100 gm roasted skinless peanuts
3 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sugar powder
1 big size lemonSalt to taste
Making green masala:
Step 1: Cut green chillies , garlic and ginger and crush into mixer not a smooth paste.
Step 2: Half crush the roasted skinless peanuts into the mixer.
Step 3: Mix the coriander leaves with green chilli past, sesame seeds, crush peanuts, salt, sugar and lemon juice.
Step 4: here you don’t required oil or water anything for these green masala.
Ingredients for Undhiya:
250 gms surti Papdi
100 gms yum chunks peeled (suran)
100 gms purple yum chunked peeled (Ratalu)
100 gms sweet potato chunks
100 gms small brinjal (began or eggplant)
50 gms small potatoes
½ gup green peas
1\2 gup green tuver (green lentil)
1 tbsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
½ tbsp asafetida (hing)6-7 big spoon oil
Salt to taste
Step 3: Take half of green masala and rube the chunky veggies (yum, sweet potato & purple yum).
Step 4: Marinate for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Take a small peeled potatoes and brinjal and slit into 4 parts as bottom alone.
Step 6: Stuffed green masala inside the brinjal (began).
Step 8: In a pressure cooker heat the reaming oil form deep fry muthiyabecause it contains aroma of methi leaves so use that oil and add asafetida.
Step 10: Add green lentil ( fresh tuvar ke dane) and mix well.
Step 12: Add all the chunky vegetables with green masala. Add 1/4 cup water but don’t stir here.
Step 14: Last add the Fry muthiya in it.
Step 18: Open the cooker after 4-5 minutes.
Step 19: Undhiyu is ready to serve hot as is it.
Step 20: Sprinkle some begangarm sev on the top, if you wish and serve hot with chapattis or paratha.
I made this Undhiya for My PAPA birthday on 14th January for our Uttrayan festival in Gujarat...i made another lot's of things with it....is as below...
Enjoy with lots of LOVE...:-)